Sunday, February 2, 2014

SKIRTING.AROUND.THE.ISSUE.

SKIRTS.
Last year really was a turning point for me - I think I wore jeans on more than three occasions (a big deal for me), experimented in colours other than black, navy and white, I ventured into heels that were tiny in comparison to my usual wedges and actually found myself with some waisted outfits (despite always wearing oversized clothing). 
I have hit new heights - skirts are my latest obsession.
Floor skimming, midi skirts, denim skirts, pencil skirts - I don't even care at the moment. I just want more skirts! I've come to realise that skirts are indeed flattering for every shape. It's all a matter of finding a style that suits you - while the pencil skirt doesn't work for me with tight fitting tops, I am going to layer mine up with oversized jumpers to balance out my proportions. Similarly, team a black mini skirt with a classic and conservative white shirt and voila! You'll turn that mini skirt from looking a little too risqué to something perfectly office worthy.  
It really is an exciting time I tell you.
 
Turn to Bassike, Helmut Lang, Sass and Bide and Zara for the basics.
xS
(Images via Vogue // Tumblr // Topshop)

1 comment:

  1. Skirts are my favorite thing on this planet. . . . next to dresses.

    xo
    Maggie A
    LOVEMAVIN/YOUTUBE | LOVEMAVIN/BLOG

    ReplyDelete